Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike not starting

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by stu123, Apr 11, 2008.

1. SO i go to turn my bike on today, turn the key, the oil light comes on, i put it in neutral, hte neutral light comes on. then i flip the killswitch press the ignition and suddenly it dies. Then the key wont turn any lights on for a while, then eventually the lights coem on again i hit the ignition and it just dies again, i have done this a few times with the same outcome, my bike is a Honda VT250 Spada. any ideas why the ufck this keeps happening? I don't think its the battery as the lights do coem on every few times i turn the key and the bike only dies when i hit the ignition, it doesnt even chug a little bit I just hear a small click and then nothing.

2. its not that my bike starts with sidestand up or down and ive tried both
  3. flat batteries behave like that. enough charge to run the accessories but not enough to turn the engine over.
  4. as i was pushing it to the mechanic a good samaritan stopped his car and he figured out that one of the connections to the battery was dodgy so i sandpapered and cleaned it and its working fine now
  5. Easy fixed !
    well done to the good samaritan