Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike never seen

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by ThommoFC, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Hey All,

Looking to buy my first bike and found one that looks like a good deal at Bike Torque in Tweed Heads.

I'm in Sydney, so what's peoples thoughts about buying a bike that you can't check out yourself?

Have already looked into transport

Stupid idea?

Cheers for any help

2. I have bought and sold bikes interstate and without seeing them. Its a big risk but if the seller wants to sell it, he should take some detailed photos of the bike for you.

Ask for photos of the fairings, bar ends and footpeg ends, engine casing.

Confirm whether there is damage and appears to be dropped, and if it turns up with a damage that wasnt disclosed, send it back up.

There are risks involved, but more often than not, QLD and VIC bikes are much cheaper.

3. There might be someone on here from the area willing to help you out by checking it out for you too - Might cost you a couple of beers.

Good luck with the purchase mate

Fun Ha!

4. Fun and stressful!

Yep, if anyone here is around Tweed heads and can check out a bike I'll definitely throw a case their way

5. Dont spose its a Buell?

6. I'm near Tweed Heads a couple of times a week. Are you still looking for someone to check it out? What bike is it? Send me a PM.

7. I'm currently supporting the beer economy.

Cheers to Waedwe and Loki :wink: :grin: