Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike maintenance course in Bendigo?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Gobbledegeek, Feb 10, 2008.

1. This is probably a long shot but is there anyone out there from Bendigo who could run a bike maintenance course in the area?

2. I'm from the Bendigo area....

and no I can't run a maintenance course :)

3. What sort of bike maintenance are you thinking about? chain tightening or engine rebuilding?

I know enough about bikes to maintain my own to a certain point and would be happy to share?

4. Just very simple stuff really. I can get most of what I need to know from my mate Google but it's sometimes better to see something done first-hand.

Chain cleaning and replacement, changing filters, general servicing and maintenance. A course would replace the need to call a mate as and when the need required and as there's no regular ride around here, there are precious few riders to ask for help.

5. Quite happy to come around and tell you what I know, if you want to supply the bike I can help with the advice.

Keeping in mind I am no mechanic but have been doing bike maintenance (basic service type stuff) for the last 20 years on road / trail bikes, plus it gives me a chance to meet some fellow riders from the region.