Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike magazines

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Guest, Dec 3, 2005.

1. I was just wondering (as newbie's do). Is there any bike magazines/ what are the best bike magazines? I am after any that are close to the format of Wheels or Motor (for cars).

Also does anyone now of a website that reviews VTR250's other than this one ? I have tried bikepoint but it does have it. :D

2. The Best magazine is the one that you like the most.

Just go to a newsagent and browse the mags there, pick one that you like the most and call it "your best: magazine.

What is the best for one person may be complete crap for the other.

3. Tim

There is Two Wheels, AMCN, Rider - all Australian bike magazines. Then there are the Brit Mags - more expensive and generally only obtainable from the bigger newsagency outlets and then they are usually a month behind - unless you go to the Technical Bookshop in Swanston Street. When I used to buy them I used to get Performance Bikes and Superbike.

You can also try looking at www.mcnews.com.au for online stuff. I just did an anzwers search on VTR 250 and did find a review on bikepoint.

Happy searching and reading!
  4. Fast bikes magazine..The best i've found to read and look at awesome pics..

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  5. The closest magazine produced in Australia to that type of format is Called Two Wheels. They used to be produced by the same publisher that does Motor but I'm not sure if that's still the case.
  6. As far as the Pom bike mags go, I quite like TWO (Two Wheels Only):

7. TWO is probably the best pommy one ive read.

i generally read AMCN ,as do most people i think
    and RAPID.. thats about all though.
  8. I waste my money on these pretty much religiously:

AMCN - Best coverage
    Two Wheels - Most articles
    Rapid - Best articles
    TWO (UK) - Best photography, great articles

Also I don't mind Aus Roadrider, but waffles on a bit much about cheese factory tours on BMWs.

Oh Vic, this is all IMO :)
  9. if you're after good reading then buy rapid or two wheels. they have the best articles IMO. AMCN is good for general news and new releases etc. Aus Roadrider also has good articles but is more touring oriented. AMCN has fred gassit at the back but rapid has rear end :wink: :D
  10. i have every RAPID magazine--- gotta love the REAR END last page with all the hotties--- :p
  11. Thanks for all your help, I will go to a newsagent and look tommorow. Can't go today as I am working :(

12. I only bother with ARR. Less general ads.
  13. Performance Bikes (another Pom publication) have recently lifted their game a whole heap. The current (to Aus, anyway) issue has one of the journos putting ape-hangers on his Speed Triple long-termer to demonstrate that all the ballyhooing about bikes being legislated and oppressed out of existence is just that; ballyhooing.

A couple of issues back, they went to the Le Mans 24-Hour, ran all their bikes dry on the way there to see just how far they can go on a tank of fuel, one of them rode back to the UK on one of the racebikes, then they had their own 24-hour endurance race, ZX-12R vs BMW K1200S; the track was the M25 motorway and the pits was an all-night servo.

I've been meaning to try to organise one of those here.

Just as antisocial as Fast Bikes, but without the ADHD and the lobotomised writing which used to make me want to punch the editor in his self-important head.
  14. What about the mad ride BACK to England on the fully-kitted, unregistered, duct-taped, multiply-crashed Yamaha R1 race bike??? Unreal :LOL:
  15. What did I miss?
  16. I draw your attention to the bit where I wrote "...one of them rode back to the UK on one of the [Le Mans] racebikes".

Btw, yesterday, you're complaining about little old ladies in Corollas not sticking to the speedlimit on the Princes Highway the way you were, today you giggle at someone riding an unregistered, crashed racebike across half of France.

Can't have it both ways, old son.