Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Magazines

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Wanderer, Jan 12, 2005.

1. OK,

I know I will probably start something with this question, but which are the better bike mags to buy. The local Newsagent doesn't stock many, but I bet there are a heap of good ones out there. Mainly interested in technical and riding tips articles.

Cheers,

2. I always purchase Australian Motorcycle news, comes out every two weeks now on a Wed so is due out today. reminds me must go and get a couple on the way home.

3. Been covered elsewhere I think, but I tend to buy Australian Roadrider (quarterly) and Two Wheels (monthly).

Cheers.

4. AMCN, Thanx Scumbag, I'm off to my local milkbar who orders in my fortnightly mag for me :D

5. I'm not sure, but AMCN might be due next Wed because of the Xmas break. I'd better check the newsagent anyway!

I got a subscription to Two Wheels for Xmas; I also buy Australian Road Rider and AMCN.

And I occasionally buy the UK mag Two Wheels Only (aka TWO), which is worth a look.

6. I know it was 4 weeks since the last one and it normally turns up the day before I get paid and tomorrow would be two paydays since the last one. So I will have a look.

7. ARR myself, like several others here.

Actually caught the other half reading the latest one. Its a start...

8. Just correcting myself - the new AMCN IS in the shops today.

9. Iron Horse and OZbike, perennial classics and very worthwhile in a "Picture" sort of way. [removes tounge from cheek]

AMCN, Two Wheels and Australian Motorcycle Trader (I think that's it) are probably the pick of the crop.

10. AMCN is a good mag but a little light weight on the articles....but its good cause its fortnightly...the guys do a great job

Two wheels cause its more in depth and i have been buying since 1990, two years before i could even ride a bike legally

11. Got to agree on amcn being a bit light on these days.
    Can anyone actually read a whole cathcart article without falling asleep?
    Has anyone actually read an entire cathcart article?

12. I like AMCN, but the mag I prefer is UK's BIKE magazine. It has some good articles, reviews, tips etc. It is a bit more expensive, but I think it is worth it.

13. I piked up a UK mag called "RiDE" the other day in borders, it's fantastic. I found it heaps better than most of the aussie ones, but then I just like the pommy turn of phrase.

14. I really like Aust Roadrider, my boyfriend likes Aus Motorcycle News.

Trisha

15. Personally I love my AMCN. Have been reading it for so long now and it is just the mag I turn to each time. :)

16. RIDE , TWO and STREETFIGHTER are the mags of choice if i can get em, dont go into borders that often

17. AMCN was due out today, subscribers should get theirs tomorrow or Friday. I got hubby a 6 month subscription for his Chrissy present. I read bits of it but I'd rather watch a race than read about it so I don't usually bother with the race reports. Boris is a tw*t but pretty funny sometimes!

I like Road Rider too, I like reading the articles about touring o/s destinations on a bike.

We get Two Wheels and Rapid bikes occasionally if there's something of particluar interest in it.

18. Boris always gets a smile from me. most of the time I think he does it just for the reaction. Mind you coming from a man who is the editor of Picture or People magazine I am not suprised.

19. I asked a similar question about 6 months ago. General response was that many didn't think any mag worth the money and the rest were fairly widely distributed with AMCN and Two Wheels standing out. Since then I have found Two Wheels is ok but a bit pricy for what it is so I gave it the flick. AMCN was good value but has recently had a price rise, format change and now seems to be a bit thinner too. I am still getting most issues of AMCN (just picked up todays issue) but I am reserving judgement since the change.

20. used to read Two Wheels, but now only read AMCN, been hanging out over xmas....
    I also get the Australian Motorcycle Trader, just to keep an eye on whats for sale..

cheers