Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Bike magazines

Discussion in 'Free To Good Home' started by hippo, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

Have got a stack of bike magazines that won't fit into the recycling bin. There are approximately 100 or so mags from maybe 2006 to 2010. Titles include 2wheels, AMCN, Trailbike, Cruiser & Trike, Transmoto, Aus Trailbiker. There might be others hidden in the stacks as well.

Pick up is from Rowville, VIC.
  2. Hi Hippo if you can't find a home for them I can suggest the 4B's organisation. The Bent and Buckled Bikers Bureau. They arrange help for downed riders and often need reading material for riders stuck in hospital.

Get in touch with them through the MRA Vic
  3. Partner today spent his morning in hospital due to a Commodore not seeing his fluoro yellow bike, so that might be a sign from the motorcycling gods that we should help other downed riders relieve their boredom!
  4. Ouch, Sorry to hear. I guess he is Ok considering it was only the morning, Riders need a touch of paranoia I think, they are out to get you. :)
  5. I conatcted them , they said that there wasn't a huge call for old mags , they are however doing a run on DVD's for long stay patients , worth a look on their website.
    Thanks for the heads up CJVFR !

cheers Michael

P.S. Australia Post is doing a free service for magazines to the troops over in Afghanistan,they prefer more recent mags though not old ones .
  6. Gday mate,

I can use the mags if you still have them. PM your address and I'll pick them up tomorrow if you like.
  7. No worries Michael, they seem like a good group to help locals and for those touring who happen to come a cropper and are in hospital and far from home it helps to have someone to talk to. Having had mates in that situation I know how isolating you can find it.

8. Magazines still available if anyone wants.
  9. Matchmaker extraordinaire.
  10. Except for the fact that he never showed up ... /sadface
  11. do what I did, stick em on ebay and make someone pay to come and get them, I had about over 200 of them and sold the for $50.00!!! saved me from getting rid of them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.