Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike is running rough. help plz

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by GForce, Feb 3, 2007.

1. when it comes to my bike, even a little thing will make paranoid only coz i love my bike.
    my problem is that the bike is riding more rougher and rougher everyday. i am getting alot more viabration and it feels like the bike is not getting enough fuel. i can still rev it out and power feels abit off but when i do rev it out, the engine feels rough.

my next service is due in 200kms (15k) and i think it has something to do with my carbs and plugs. should i be paranoid or is this a common problem?

2. As with cars, bikes can go out of tune over time, some are more prone to it than others. Whether you should be worried about it depends on how bad it is, if it IS just a tuning/balancing issue and how often it happens. Personally I'd be giving your bike a full service, and see if that solves the problem. If you're taking it to a mechanic, tell them what the problem is, and ask them to fix it.

No need to really be worried, yet.
  3. Has it started using oil or water?
    Has fuel consumption increased dramatically?
    was air filter changed last service
    have you been riding on dirt roads?
    changed fuel recently? ethanol? high or lower octane?
    filled up at a country shop petrol station?

Could be bad fuel , clogged air filter, clogged fuel filter

A bad tire out of round or with a bulge can make bike feel awful and buzz and vibrate

Just some thoughts hope it helps

4. If its bad petrol
    Half a cup of metho in the tank to bond the water & the petrol together
    so they can burn readily.
  5. i fixed the problem weeks ago. air filter was very dirty and stuff blocking it. all good now and better than before
  6. I'd never thought of that with the metho, good trick.