Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike insurance

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by mikezzz, Jul 28, 2007.

1. just got my L's and planning to get a zx2r for my first bike.. i am currently 20 turning 21... am wondering how much i would be looking at for bike insurance first and second year... full comp and 3rd party plus theft.. if u guys could help?

2. $8,000
  3. where do you live? how many ks will you put on it per year? do you have a car no claim bonus?

Id say you could be looking up to 3 grand per year
  4. 2-3k sounds about right if you dont have any no claim bonus or any other car insurance record.
  5. .........
    Or, a lot of people have found these things really handy:

Regards, Andrew.
  7. ok so what insurer would you guys recommend to get me started.. i currently am insured with just car insurance for my car which i have not claimed on and have held for 3 years..
  8. Oldkool phones?
  9. I like the ones better where you have to spin the thing around the dial the number. :)
  10. I just got mine done, comprehensive, no separate cover for my gear (but helmet is included). New bike, new rider, 22, went with my car insurer RAC, $716.

But unless theres a few people here in the same area, same bike, same age etc, your best bet is to ring around and get a few quick quotes

When I was doing online quotes I was getting over $1000 on most, but found this to be a bit different when calling, not sure what I was doing differently on the online forms
  11. What tools do I need to mount that on my tank?
  12. I would recomend insuremyride.com.au. But having said that make sure you read there product disclosure statment before you agree to anything.
  13. Just go it alone on a cheapy until ya 25,I guess...
    Mates son was quoted 6grand plus...!! :shock:
  14. ZX2R is a bit rare and I guess fast for a 250cc. Will not be easy to repair/service and insurance aint cheap. Insuremyride will probably be your best bet though, WQBE should offer you a similar quote too. I was quoted ~$1400 from insuremyride for a '2003' ZXR250 and ~$1650 from QBE. The local Kawasaki dealer said they wouldn't service the bike for me so I felt there was no point in buying it.
  15. Well im on my L's and live in Tas and i rang around, QBE wants $1300 premium plus like another $1200 if i ever have to make a claim. AAmi quoted me $606 for the year and $1k if i need a claim but thats full comp and they also give money back if your claim is under the $1k. Just ring around and compare.
  16. What what model bike ? They didn't list the ZX250R at all when I rang for a quote (there were no 4 cylinder 250cc bikes in their database).