Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Bike Insurance

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by NinjaKid, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Hi, I have a 2010 ninja 250 here and she's currently insured with IMR for TPPD and F&T for $400
    problem is I listed the bike as a weekend ride, and I use the bike like 6 days a week at the least really, to safe up couple bucks, I'm still on my Ls, So anyways, if ever my lady here got stolen on a Monday... will that affect the whole process of the claim?
    I hate to say this but, anyone have had any experience? :hungry:

2. Thia is likely to be a problem on claim.

3. Any breach of the terms of your policy is likely to result in a rejection of your claim.

4. advanced rider's course is that when i pass the MOST test?
    thanks guys, ill try to update the whole policy

5. No it wouldnt count as advanced.

The cheapest one in nsw that is eligible is the Hart advanced one. I got credit for that from imr

6. What happens if OP hits a kitten/child whilst riding during the week? Who pays the vet/Hospital fees?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ctp covers the child not tpp.

Kitten he would be uninsured, however he is unlikely to be at fault so owner would pay.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. As long as no kittens are being harmed.

9. Mate, there's saving money and there's insurance. Phone them, ask the question. Sort it.

Disclaimer #1: No kittens were hurt, injured or killed during this posting
    Disclaimer #2: No in my house anyway

• Like Like x 1
  10. I wouldn't think the kitten would sue.

If he did he'd first have to establish his legal personhood and obtain the status to sue. I don't think his prospects are very good.

You should be pretty safe from the kitten.

11. NinjaKidNinjaKid you would be fcuked over in the blink of an eye.
    They would go after you on the grounds of not supplying them with information relevant to your policy and even for false or misleading information.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I assume this would make future policies hard to obtain as well, no?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yes indeedy...they do love to share info :) but espesh if it means they can screw you over for more $$$

14. Thought as much. Two things you shouldn't lie on in life: tax returns and insurance policies.

Probably also shouldn't lie about being well endowed either, you'll get found out eventually... :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NinjaKidNinjaKid update the policy for peace of mind. Insurance is meant to be adjusted on the fly as your circumstances change.

For example you whack on an expensive exhaust that wasn't covered when you got the bike, you let them know the cost & they add it to your insurance so its covered. They then mail / email you the policy document.

If your bike goes from 2 days a week to 6 days, let them know, and they'll adjust accordingly.

Main point to take away from this..... "Let the insurance company know"

Cheers
    Juz

16. thanks guys, i sent them an email plan is to tell them that I was on my Ls and now confident enough to ride it weekdays, ya guys r right, to be honest my uncle suggested about this, I think my uncle is really messed up... lol, well, just saying

17. thanks guys, i sent them an email plan is to tell them that I was on my Ls and now confident enough to ride it weekdays, ya guys r right, to be honest my uncle suggested about this, I think my uncle is really messed up... lol, well, just saying