Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Insurance question

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by MistyThatsMe, Aug 11, 2009.

  1. Hi all,

    I have just bought a GS500 and am happily cruising around now after much study of Netrider Forums trying to answer my questions, so thankyou all for all the other threads!

    My question now is about insurance. What is the general consensus? Theft-only, Comprehensive or just stick with CTP? I understand that there will be many differing opinions on this topic, but all opinions and arguments are welcome!

  2. This topic has come up heaps. Theres a seach button above.
  3. Yup, but in a nutshell; just 3rd party fire and theft if its not worth much, fully comp if its expensive/can't afford to lose it/peace of mind.
  4. If your driving record is good then I'd expect that full comp for your bike would be around the $400 per year mark. I'd go full comp.
  5.  Top
  6. Full comp all the way if you invested good money into your machine
  7. Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated...