Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike inspection needed, Doncaster

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Aug 15, 2008.

1. I have been asked if I could post a request for someone to eyeball this little beauty and get back to me asap

http://snipurl.com/3g7dt [cgi_ebay_com_au]

If you can, PM me and I'll give you my phone number so we can chat

2. I can certainly get out there sunday to check it out, might have some spare time saturday too though not sure atm
  3. How good is this place; 30 minutes and two offers to help?? :)

Thanks guys, I'll shout you someting when I'm down for the Dinner!
  4. Don't worry about it, the meal you and your wife prepared for us last year when we came though was reward enough.....then you were kind (silly) enough to put us all up for the night :LOL:
  5. Hmm.... 75,000km and classed as repairable write-off... Needs an engineering certificate in order to re-register...

So why would he put it all back together, repair it all up, and then not register it himself? Maybe he's found an expensive flaw that the VIV inspector is likely to notice.

Is the frame out of true? It's bloody hard to find somebody to straighten those nowadays.

Either way, I'd probably think of it as a ten foot pole job.
  6. i think his brother already owns one....might be for spares :?
  7. he does, err, did. Last Thursday's freak ice-storm on Mt Ousley Road put an end to that, I'm afraid, and the insurance company did the rest, and the blue bike is now written off :(

Also, (thanks envy-t) it appears the bike is NOT at Doncaster at all, but somewhere close; Campbellfield!!!

sooooooo can someone have a look at it there? I appreciate your concerns, Loz, but I'm just the messenger!
  8. Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

Hit the return button to return to the previous page.

That's all I get from the link... wtf? o_0 weird stuff!
  9. Dunno, woiks for me, and for envy-t and seany too :?
  10. yeah works here as well, it's a pity that it's been classed as a repairable write off, gear lever and a mirror and she is ready to go (going off the photos anyway)

good luck to your brother with it paul