Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike inspection in Townsville?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by Barters81, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Anyone know of someone who they trust to do a pre-purchase inspection of a bike up in Townsville?

Looking at a bike up there (I'm in Brisbane) where the trip up will make it not worth the $$.

Got a quote for getting it delivered to Brisbane for $375 which still makes it a good purchase, but I guess the second question is does that priuce seem ok? Seems alright to me.

Finally, any tips on purchasing a bike long distance from a pricate seller in terms of transferring money/ownership in a way that doesn't leave either party hanging out in the breeze for any amount of time?

2. Question number 1: Is it really that good a price to have to ship it and do all the re-registering in a new state?

3. Same state so no issues there.

5500 for a 2013 ER6NL with 3k on the clock?

4. Hi Barters81

I too live in Brisbane and looking to purchase a motorcycle privately from a seller in Townsville. Like you, I am also looking for some advice on pre-purchase inspection, the buying/selling process, registration transfer, shipping the bike to Brisbane and would appreciate any advice if you went ahead with your purchase.

Thanks

5. Hey Barters81Barters81 , I'm interested to find out about your bike choice - you were looking at much higher power naked options before, this seems a little tame in comparison. Is it because you and your bro are getting a race bike as well?

6. Nah....it's an old thread mate. This was back when I was looking for a LAMS bike.

My mt09 is much loved and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Didn't end up going throuh with it mate sorry.

Ended up picking up a ninja 300 for stupid cheap 2nd hand.

8. Ah yup just noticed lol

9. No worries mate, cheers

10. Old thread I know but this gave me a chuckle!
    Townsville and Brisbane are in the same state .........at least for the moment! Lol
    NQ would like that to change though!

• Agree Agree x 1