Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Hire in Sydney

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Gigi, Jan 16, 2008.

1. G'day Netriders,

I'm going to be in Sydney next week and want to find somewhere that will hire me a 250 for the day to see the sights. I don't want the bike overnight just a full days touring and then return to the depot at night. I have googled this but 85% of the shit you get is Harley Tours between different locations over a number of days. The promising websites I have found seem to have ridiculously onerous insurance arrangements compared to what i have done in the past here in Perth.

If anyone has an experience or a recommendation to share I'd really appreciate it.
  2. Looked at it years ago and it was filthy dear. You might get a scooter cheaper these days.

Close motorcycles may be able to help you. they sell to tourists on a by back scheme, so they may be up for day rental too.
  3. interesting. Bikescape looked promising but they won't even look at someone under 21 (that's me) even for cb250. Without a credit card it looks dubious too. What are your youth getting up to over there thats making these people so nervous with age/insurance etc?

Correct me if I'm wrong, (and i probably am), but is that motorbikehire place's terms that you pay a $500 security bond on the CB250, then $2500 on the credit card as your insurance excess security (for a cibby!), and then even if you have a crash you are responsible for all the damage costs anyway?

"Comprehensive Cover includes : damage to and/or theft of motorcycle; third party injury; and third party property. Renter is responsible for excess amount, PLUS ALL damage to the motorcycle."

The $140 a day suzuki is kinda pricey and they want a credit car/second form of ID etc.

Probably more trouble than its worth. But thanks anyway and i will keep looking.
  4. why is this a problem?
  5. cos i dont have one. I would do a cash deposit but not the amount theyre talking about