Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike hire in Melb

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by techno, Feb 21, 2005.

1. I just sent an email to Garners to book myself a bike to go to PI for the Superbikes. Their website must be out of date as they didn't have what I wanted.

When I asked about the discount for netrider members they said:

"Also we dont give 10% discount
    to Netrider Sorry"

WTF? They are listed as doing so on the sponsors page of this site.

I think I'll just hire a bloody car!

2. Well,

It seems that you are correct.

I just spoke to the rental manager and he tells me that Lex, the person who I did the deal with 2 years ago was fired due to some troubles there and that they only pass on discounts to HOG members.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll have their entry removed.

Apologies.

3. no chance of getting a new sponsorship deal with them ?

4. Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to get him to see the light.

Unfortunately they are not interested.

Time to do some work, I'll try and find a replacement bike hire place to come to the party.

Sorry bud :(

5. Obviously seems to be a simple answer in that. Garners aren't really interested in business from present day local motorcyclists, but only people who are either tourists or don't have a motorcycle. Guess we'll just all keep that in the back of our minds when people ask us which business they should go to when the need to hire a bike .... not Garners since they're not interested in your business.

6. Thanks for clearing things up.

I did post a query a while back for alternative hire places. There is apparently a Yam dealer someone referred me to. Other than that, things are scarce.

Oh well, I'll still make it to PI and Friday coffee, just on four wheels rather than two.

Cheers

techno

7. BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT

8. I think that was Clipstone Yamaha in Ringwood (trying to remember past posts, too lazy to employ the search feature). I never knew they hired bikes but apparently they do...

9. Clipstone Yamaha in Ringwood hired out bikes the last time I looked...I haven't heard experiences good/bad with them though..

http://www.clipstoneyamaha.com.au/hire_prices.htm

10. It seems garners aren't particularly big on customer service.

I initially checked out their website and picked out a bike I wanted to hire.
    When I emailed them to make the booking they said they no longer had the bike.

Figuring their website was out of date, I then emailed them to send me a list of the bikes they DID have.

Their reply???

Check the website.

Arrrrgghhh! :x

11. good

:D im with you for that quote :D