Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike hire in Germany

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by paul_b, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hi all,
    I'm off to europe on holidays for 5 weeks soon. I thought it might be an excellent opportunity to spend a day at the nurburgring. Anyone know if there is anywhere nearby that you can hire out bikes?

Cheers
    Paul

2. Head over to netrider and ask Glitch. They were over there a while ago and should be able to point you in the right direction (not exactly sure about the Nurburgring though).

(Sorry for the other-forum-recommendations Mods).

3. Not Germany specific, but I've looked a few times at hiring bikes overseas. to be honest I've never seen it as worth it.

Very few companies do it and those that do charge a fortune. much, much more than cars. then you have to get one that would insure you on Nurburing. what about your travel insurance?

4. Thanks guys,
    I thought there may be somwhere like the superbike school at the island, but obviously road registered seeing as how its such a famous piece of racetrack come public road. I'll keep digging around

5. I went recently, hired a bike in Scandinavia as it was closest to where I landed, cost was around $100/day. Suggest you Autobahn it down to the Alps too, stunning roads and scenery.

https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55520

You should have zero trouble hiring a bike in Germany, it's cheaper too :)