Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike help :/

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by RideMe, May 7, 2011.

1. Ok so i got my L's :D yay ! and now im looking to buy a bike. I weight at around 75kg and am looking for a sporty bike. Probably gonna have to need a LAMS bike thats 600cc+ since im going to be hitting the highway, and need to sustain that speed. The problem is i dont know any 600cc+ LAM bikes except for the Hysong gt650r but ive heard that bike brand is not a very reliable one :/ ..

2. Hi RideMe,

A couple of Netiquette things, generally it is the custom to go and introduce yourself in the Welcome Lounge and Birthday Greetings section. And the second think is use the search option to look for LAMS threads, there has been a lot of discussion in the past on this subject so your questions may have been answered before.

Not sure what State you are in but THIS pdf document lists the Victorian LAMS bikes.
  3. Seems like you're not understanding the point of the LAMS.
    The bikes are SUPPOSED to be weak! That's the whole point. ;)

At 75kgs, I'd suggest you get a Ninja 250.

That's more than fast enough for highway speeds.

Unless you're looking at cruisers, there is no 600+ LAMS bike that I'd recommend.
  4. Like most others will tell you, and has been said in a gillion threads even in the few short months I've been here, go and sit on as many bikes as you can, you'll find one that really grabs you. Just go to a bunch of dealerships and ask which ones are learner legal