Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Goes

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by wallyt99, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Bike Goes

2. I'm no expert but i'd check to see that you're getting good spark on each plug. Could be ignition system problem like coil or something.

3. Re: Suzuki Across Starting Trouble.

At last - a good news post... :p :p

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

4.  Top
  5. Battery problems?

6. Re: Suzuki Across Starting Trouble.

you didnt do what another across rider i know has done before and put the plugs in up side down? :LOL: :LOL:

7. i had a really similar problem with mine.. sounds like it is turning over, just not firing?

careful pressing the start button, cause it'll driain the battery real quick, but keep going.. esp if you havent started it in ages, it will eventually fire. ive found it is worse in the cold than normal weather.. i also got the carbies cleaned out and flaots re-set and it seemed to fix it mostly, but not completely. i think its just one of those things we have to put up with owning an older 250.

8. wally how long has it been since you last ran the motor?

were the plugs wet or fouled when you changed em?

when you cleaned the carbs are you everything went back on correctly?

are you getting a strong cranking sound or is the battery starting to fade?

like everybody else has said were no experts but hopefully this helps

9. I have had this problem before, just make sure that you wait for the fuel pump to fully pump the fuel and DO NOT try and twizzle the throttle while its starting otherwise it will never start.

Just make sure you have full choke and keep persisting, if it sounds like its kicks over a few times on its own, just keep going, just resist the temptation to try and move the throttle otherwise it will just flood too much and thats it.

It all depends on how long since it was last started... If mine is not started for about a week or so it will take about 8-10 good cranks for about 6 seconds each to get it going.

Otherwise check what everyone else said.

Hope it helps..

MI

10. Someone suggested I try a capful of Metho in the tank....

I thought this was only for water, however I told them I thought the carbs might be gummed up and they said it might help to clear it.....is this true?

11. It started.....adjusted the balance of the carbs and poured metho in the tank.

(this was as well as new oil, filter, fuel, plugs, carby clean and start ya bastard.)

I think it was maily the carb balance.

starts first press now. :grin: