Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike gear help needed

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by timo66, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I am just about to buy my first bike so i decided to go to peter stevens in melbourne as i was down there for the day.I could not believe the amount of riding gear to choose from and the cost of it, i told the wife i now have a expensive hobbie.!Anyway my question is have any of you got any suggestions of decent gear to buy ie. gloves, boots, jackets and helmets.
    which have turned out to be really good buys.THANKS.

2. maybe edit your title to lower case and have you tired the search function, lots of advice for newbies starting out and approx. costs :)
  3. peter stevens tends to stock the more expensive gear.
    try bikemart or AMX

Check out the stickies, plenty of info for the beginning rider.
  5. Black Rose Leathers are excellent value for money:

Leather used is thicker than on the uber-expensive brand name stuff but it holds up well in a crash - as does the included armour (which is CE approved). Some of their leather items are now kevlar stitched which is also a plus (actual range is a lot more extensive than what's listed on their webpage)

Synthetics (Cordura) are also good - only non-leather item I've bought is waterproof pants but those are at least as good as the Dririder equivalent (which costs twice as much).
  6. Don't go to Peter Stevens. They are big so they should have the best prices, but they don't, & you will have to bargain very hard to get any sort of discount, IME.

Stores such as AMX, Bike Mart, In-Tyre etc will genrally have better prices, (but sometimes less range), so shop around, do your homework & shop local if you can.

Good Luck!
  7. At least now i have some other options,i will have a look in bike mart and see what i can found thanks for your help.