Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike gear for tall folk...

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ross murray, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Hello, i'm new on here and signed up specifically for help with finding some riding gear, (but will stay as it looks like an excellent resource.) I'm a 6"5 bloke, 105 kg and with pretty broad shoulders. Would be excellent on a dating website, but a horror story trying to find leathers that fit. Everything seems to stop at 60 over here (Dainese, Alpinestars etc), which is no good for me. Peter Stevens recommended Tigerangels, but I'm not really looking to spend $2000! I've been researching bikers gear Au, and mars leathers for a custom at less than 1000, but worried about quality. Lost my suit moving over here and am planning on heading to Tassie for a hurl in a few weeks with (hopefully) something more than my unarmoured Belstaff and a pair of jeans to protect me..! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Welcome to the forum Ross, from another Ross.

Out of curiousity, where did you move from, to have "Lost my suit moving over here"? And by the way, "heading to Tassie for a hurl", has some interesting alternate meanings in australian slang. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hurl :whistle:
    Unless of course that was exactly what your intentions are! :LOL: Can't help with any advice re leathers, I'm sure somebody will be along soon to join in. Fill in your profile so we can see what your ride is, you'll probably find somebody else with the same.

Oh, and by the way go here; https://netrider.net.au/forum/welcome-lounge.83/ and introduce yourself, it's the right area and considered good form.

3. Walden Miller in South Australia will custom make.
    I have a pair of their touring trousers. They are very well made if a little traditional in design.
  4. Which dating website can I find you on???
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. I'm the same height and well familiar with this problem. I had no option but to get a Tiger Angel jacket but pants aren't really a problem since with full length boots, the fact that I'm essentially wearing 3/4 pants doesn't matter. TA are more than happy to incorporate a zipper into the jacket to match the pants.
  6. The Dririder jacket I bought some years back in size 52/42L was an easy fit with plenty enough length, including the sleeves, for me at a whisker over 6', and according to their current sizing chart they go up to 6XL 64/54, which is 12cm longer in the sleeves than the Size L (for the sake of one comparison).

Not leather, but good gear across a good price range.