Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike friendly accommodation -Melb outskirts?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by bigwheels, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Finally made up my mind to do a riding course with HART on Sat 14th March. As I`m three hours away from Melbourne it`s a real early start, so I though I might travel down on Friday and stay the night. Can anybody reccommend a good place to stay around the outskirts of Melbourne? The HART center is at Tullamarine. Any place I`ve rang around Tullamarine is too costly for one night and they don`t have anywhere secure for my bike. Best looking for a pub or friendly B=B I suppose.

2. Most of the pub's ive stayed at let you put your bike in the bottle shop, cage out the back of the pub failing that alot of them have fenced area out the back.
    Most publicans are good about it and go out of their way to help out, so i don think it matters all that much, but people will chime in with first hand experience no doubt.