Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike down, left roadside

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by gtrgilera, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Going home last night I saw an Ambo in attendance and a yellow Victorian rego Hyosung parked.

It seems the rider has been taken away and the bike remains roadside.

I'm just a little concerned that the bike's been left roadside at risk, if the rider is a tourist, injured/hopsitalised what would happen?

I feel a little helpless, but can't think of what I could do, if anything :?:

2. I would imagine that if the person is injured/hospitalised eventually a friend or relative will start wondering where the bike is, and go and get it. If they are a tourist, whoever they hired/borrowed the bike from will eventually contact the cops who will tell them where the bike is.

Hopefully one of the above happens before the bike gets nicked. :grin:

Don't be surprised if this thread disappears though... not sure if it counts as a rider down or not.

3. Im inclined to leave it run as is, there is no speculation as to how/why it happened. With more concern for the owners bike being the main point of the topic.
    Might be educational and informative reading some of the answers.

Personally I would have stopped and enquired about the rider [ if he/she was able ] and asked if they would like me to organise transport for their bike or is there someone I can call for them etc etc.

4. +1 VTRBob.

I would have stopped even if i was driving my cage @ the time.

5. Someone's going to nick a hyo?

...sorry, someone had to say it.

6. It's been done once!

7. Pour some water and fertiliser on it, it might grow into a real one.

8. I would have thought that if police were in attendance they would have made arrangements to have it towed away so that it wouldn't remain a roadside obstruction.

9. If police attend an accident and the vehicle is not drivable/ridable they will authorise someone to tow it to a secure location which is usually a panel shop.

The local fuzz (or those who attended) will know where it is.

10. and the thief learnt his lesson! :LOL:

11. ^^ last thig youre worrying bout is your bike,

Its good to know that the fuzz take care of it for you, :)

And meanwhile the panel shop are charging you a holding fee. :evil:

12. That would be the least of your worries :shock:
    Insurance would cover it.

13. In theory injury = Ambulance transport = Police automatically called out by system = Tow arranged by Police.

Like I said, In Theory.......

14. Police took care of mine, arranged for a towie to take the bike away while I was on my way to hospital. In NSW

15. Yeah, I didn't think of that, even I had that done when someone took me out a few years back... the morphine made it all seem so nice at the time... :LOL:

well, despite being on a Hyosung, it might well be his/her pride & joy - I hope they're OK and the bike's taken care of before it's swiped.

:)