Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bike doesn't start

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by bugeater, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Another fustrating problem :mad:

Started my bike this morning and it ran briefly and then conked out. Wouldn't start after that. Starter motor turns the engine, but no start. As a result the battery suffered too. I also tried a roll start down a steep slope, which got it going for about 10 seconds, but very roughly. Then it conked again. Couldn't roll start it again.

Crazy thing is that I rode it with no problems yesterday.

I've been charging the battery today, occassionally trying to start it again. No luck.

I'm really not sure what to do. I've tried to pull the plugs out - I can unscrew them, but I can't get them out of the hole they are in to have a look. I also can't get into the carbs to see if there is any fuel in there (Pete the pom was the last to work on them and has done the screws up very tight :) ). The only possible hint is that I haven't heard the fuel pump clicking over, though that may just be because the carbs are full....

I'm giving the battery a trickle charge overnight, but I'm not sure what else I can do. It's so fustrating.

Any ideas?