Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike: Daffy, Rider: 69SIM

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by 69SIM, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Hello!

My wifey (Sibi) has been a member of NetRider for some time now and with the help of the guys who run the learner skills down at Homebush is now on her way to being a full blown bikie chick ;) So a big thanks to you guys firstly!

I was lucky enough to get asked to come with her on an organised NetRider ride today (thanks OldMaid) and thought I'd better sign up and make it official.

I've been riding bikes since I was about 14. Started off riding postie bikes on the family farm and brought one with me to Sydney when I moved here back in '88. Since then I have owned a CB400N, a ZZR250, and my current bike is a Suzuki VStrom DL1000, affectionately dubbed "Daffy".

The plan eventually is to get Sibi onto an adventure tourer of some sort (along with various other bikes we drool over *I'm looking at you Ducati Scramber*) and do something epic like taking a few months to ride around Europe... Until then, we are happy enough to cruise the areas around Sydney and some longer trips away.

• Like Like x 3
  2. lovely to meet you today, mate..
  3. Well well, look what the cat dragged in ;) Welcome 69SIM
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Welcome 69SIM - why'd it take so long?
    BTW, I look at Scramblers too! Mmmm.
  5. OMG! Stalker! ;)

Thanks for having me along today :D

I'm already a member of a few VStrom forums plus I'm lazy and the wifey was already on so I'd look over her shoulder at the forums :)
    I love those scramblers, so many models to choose from as well! Need more garage space methinks ;)
  6. welcome aboard :)
  7. Welcome to Netrider!
  8. Thanks guys, I didn't realise how much info was on this site, impressive :)
  9. Welcome.

Know the feeling.

What pisses me off is when you ride around and see signs "garage sale" but they don't really mean it. :-(
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Welcome to NR...

You guys should plan a around Australia trip as well...

Well...As you have found out, NR has a wealth of information and is a cool place to hang out as well..

11. Hey there welcome......
  12. Hahaha, yeah!

That's in the pipeline as the precursor. Next year we are hoping to do a ride from Sydney to Quorn in S.A. for the VStrom gathering.

Cheers! :D
    • Like Like x 1