Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike covers that include rear pack coverage

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Big W, Jan 29, 2012.

1. I have to start parking my bike outside & have begun looking at weather/waterproof bike covers, but can't seen to find any that also cover a rear gearsack/ventura pack.

Seems a PITA to remove the rear rack & replace it every time I want to park or ride. Anyone heard of such a cover, or maybe I should just chuck a tarp over & oggy-strap it!:nopity:

2. what sorta bike? I got a honda cover [freebee] and it covers the hornet with the rack on..

3. get a "Large" or "Extra Large" or "Ex. Ex. Large"?

4. It's only for a Honda CB250. Not a show bike or anything, but I still like to look after it!:angel: Well, if it fits you're Hornet, no reason why it shouldn't fit mine???

Yeah, I thought that. Will resort to doing that if I can't find anything else.

5. reckon a regular cover should do the trick.. and as Thera said larger sized should cover it

just got home and chekced mine, it is an Autotechnica size L !! covers the cb900f head to tail with the rack on,,

6. i have a large cover for the hyo... I could fit 2 under it\

7. Rjays have a lined cover with a bit extra at the back.

8. A&S Cycles in the USA have BMW covers, $35 for the half cover which is shaped to take a top box through to ~$100 for a full cover. I've got the half cover and it is excellent (y)

9. Beauty, thanks guys! Excellent info!

10. 'reckon Ventura need to have a bit of a think about this issue. Wld be useful if the rack could be locked onto the L-bars. And the bags could do with a revamp so that a cable lock slides through in a way that buggers the bag if it's ripped off. The silly little fabric locking tag we have now is pretty pathetic. Anyway, just a though on a dull day I'm probably wrong!