Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike cover

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Ghibli, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Hi guys
    just bought a bike cover from BigW today - $23.88 - not bad.
    I put it on my bike annd it looks reasonable quality. I've bought a size L, and it is just a little big but OK for my CBR250R.
    I thought netriders looking for a bike cover might be interested.
    Cheers
    :wink:

2. kewl. For a 250, you'd usually want an M size. :)

3. i know. they had only L and XL.

4. hi, is the cover lined on the inside and does it have straps of some sort? :)

5. 'Ghibli': can you post up a pic of the bike when covered with this bike cover?

6. The cover has no straps, and I think it is just canvas. It has elastic ends for front and rear grip on tyres. I'll take a picture tonight and post tomorrow.
    Cheers

7. I dont know how they compare, but i've got one from Supercheap. Was something like $35 and its got elastic at both ends to "grab" onto the tyres and a sercuring strap in the middle that goes under the bike and hooks onto itself.

Well worth the investment if the bikes outside.

8. The L size Kmart cover (the blue ones) fit over my GTR perfectly, even ove rthe saddlebags, windscreen and rack. Has a strap underneath, but due to the shape of the bike, I don't need to use it. They also breathe, I have put the bike away wet and next morning it's lovely and dry again.
    How can you beat that for $20 or so?!

REgards, Andrew.

9. I use a garage :p

10. My bike also lives under cover (carport/awning) but the cover keeps dust, dirt and rain mist off the bike. Also keeps cats off it!

Regards, Andrew.

11. I've got a picture of the bike cover.
    Sorry guys, but how do yoy actually attach the file with the picture to a message?