Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Cop didn't nod this AM

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by dan, Jun 1, 2006.

1. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! [img:61:50:40410706ae]http://i2.tinypic.com/11a8uc3.gif[/img:40410706ae]

It was about 8:45 on the eastern, just before the Chandler Hwy. I was in the right lane, and a bike cop was waiting to nab transit lane offenders. I wound up for a huge nod, he made eye contact, and looked bemused. Alas! No nod returned! Anyway, the real story came after my heartbreak subsided :LOL:

About 500m down the road, I saw a black flash to my left - a litre bike absolutely cooking in the left hand emergency lane doing 180-200kph (at least). I though that maybe he'd seen the cop, and used the law of averages to predict that there were no more law enforcers ahead, and could impress the boss by being early (peak hour was fairly solid - traffic banked right up)

A few seconds later, the bike cop came down the right hand emergency lane at about 140kph with blues and twos (well blues anyway). Well, I doubt he caught the bugger, as a) he was on the wrong side of the freeway and, b) he was going waaay to slow to catch him.

So it looks like the bloke may have been going a leeetle fast as he went by the bike cop, and decided that he didn't want a morning lecture - those fluoro yellow vests can really sting the eyes if you've just woken up.

Or, perhaps he was just pissed coz the bike cop didn't return his nod either? :)

I deduce the whole situation could have been avoided with more judicious usage of the bikers nod by the constabulary :cool:

2. Bwahaha, brilliant!

3. :)
    The closest I have ever come to being killed on a motorcycle was a near head on with an out of controll pursuit car on Kew boullie chassing a long gone rider

She denies it but I suspect it was my evil ex who was in fact both driving a pursuit car and spending a lot of time on Kew boulie in those days.

HA HA Missed me J :)

4. .... She :? They let girls drive pursuit cars now days... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:popcorn:

5. I was along the eastern today, and saw the cop car but no bike, I must have gone through earlier than you... but I did see a few bikes in the TL :( pity i couldn't be there...

6. They did take her licence away in the end. Something about failing an evalulation with the umpires saying she had killed all together too many people :) ( if it were real)

7. It was quite entertaining. I haven't seen a good old fashioned police chase for many years. Although it was a no-contest really...

8. Cue Benny Hill theme music.....now.

or...

"Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together" (Simpsons)

9. hehe
    gotta love that
    :LOL: :LOL:

10.  Top
  11.  Top
  12. heh, i rode past that guy about 8.30, had some goon pulled over...

ill keep an eye out for you guys tomorrown morning, and mr plod.