Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike collision on the Eastern. COL (BROKEY) involved :-( :(

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by HondaGal, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Saw a bike being loaded onto the back of a tow truck at around 9:15 this morning near the Chandler Hwy turnoff on the Eastern Freeway. I assume it was almost cleaned up by the time I went past, but the traffic was still banked up for a couple of kms and there were still a couple of tow trucks and a couple of cop cars still at the scene.

I was going pretty fast in the transit lane so all I really noticed about the bike was that it was red and black and not all that recent a model. Hope the rider is OK...
  2. sorry to be the bearer of bad news

this accident involved COL (BROKEY) from the netrider forums, have just found out he is in surgery as i type, they are seeing if they can save his leg (it aint looking good though) he also has a smashed hip and damage to his head / face

the accident apparently involved a truck as well.

that is all the info i have at the mo, i will post more when i find out

condolenses to him, his missus and the kids

hope it all goes well Col

3. hope all goes well for him!!!
  4. Bloody Hell!!!!
    Hope Col gets thru it all OK and we see him back on the forums soon.
  5. Geez, not good news to hear.....

My thoughts are with him and condolences to his family. Hopefully there's better news about his condition soon.

6. I rode past and got glimpse of a guy in Dragin jeans face down not moving about 8:40am this morning...didn't look all that good.

3 lanes were blocked off to make sure nothing more happened and there seems to be quite a few people making sure everyone was looked after.

I don't think it was too long after the accident I went past. Ambos were hammering out on on the eastern about 3 minutes further down the road.

Mend well!!!
  7. Holey Moley!

It's often one thing to discuss a rider that's down, offering sympathy, etc., where it's due, but when it's someone that you know, then it really does come as a shock.

Hope he comes out on top of this one. Us CBR1000 (the classic "F" model, not that poofy "RR" one) riders are rather thin on the ground.
  8. i agree, any down is bad, it hits harder when you know them tho.

Best luck Col.

Everyone keep your heads up and stay safe !
  9. Farkin 'ell. Not good to hear at all :(

You and your family will be in my prayers Col.
  10. Jeeez, hope it's not as bad as what is sounds :( :(
    Everything crossed for him.
  11. Ouch. :( Thoughts are with him.
  12. Not good at all :( I hope we hear some good news soon.

13. Very sad to hear about Brokey, my thoughts are with his family and hope that things go well for him :(
  14. Wishing you and your family all the best Col

You know where to find us if you need anything!
  15. our thoughts and wish's are with you col and your family
    mend quickly

Roberts clan
  16. Not a good thing to hear

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Brokey
  17. damn. best wishes, mend quickly and i hope you can make it back on a bike as soon as possible.
  18. All the best..... My thoughts are with him and the family.

19. Sorry to hear about the accident..I hope everything goes ok with Cols injuries and he's up and at em in no time