Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike = Car

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sir Skuffy, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Morning all, Had a stupid idea on the way to work and thought you might find it funny.

Across = Datsun 120Y - Keep going and going and going
    Harley Fat Boy = 1967 Mustang, soft-top = Cruisy
    Buell = Elenor, Shelby 500 = Real American Muscle
    BMW1200GS = Audi Quattro = Fast on road and dirt
    Hyabusa = V10 Viper = Stright Line monster that can also handle the twisties
    GSXR1000 = Porsche = Pure performance
    Ducati 999 = Ferrari = Quick, expensive, maintenance hungry and poser
    MV Agusta = Mazarati = Quick, stylish, class

So, what do people think?
  2. hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha roflmao :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Across = Datsun 120Y i love the across but hahahahahahahahahaha

Ducati 999 = Ferrari = Quick, expensive, maintenance hungry and poser - lil what say you on this matter eheheh :twisted:
  3. Kawasaki H2 Mach IV = GM Corvair (unsafe at any speed)
    Norton Commando = Leyland P76 (can't ride this weekend- bike's in for repair)
    Gold Wing = Kenworth Longnose with B-Double rig. (I HAD to leave the fridge behind - the spa took up all the space!)
    Honda Benly = Nissan Cedric (get the marketing department in here. No coffee, but I'll need more ammo)
  4. Well done fellas..... Thought some people would like it.

Chairman, I am old enough to know what you are talking about... Many of these younger riders dont really know... But I thought it was FUNNY. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  5. Honda CBR250RR = 1980's Toyata Celica: Nippy, but always thrashed as a first car by boy racers
  6. Good point mipearson...... Very good
  7. Got one for you marty...

The VFR sounds AWESOME with pipe, so goes the Ford Cobra, 2 door convertible... 1960's model...

VFR = Ford Cobra, 60's model
    VTR = Ford XR8 with a sticker on the window - wish I was a Cobra.....

I totally agree with you on the MV Augusta :D
  9. My lone contribution:

V25 Custom = PT Cruiser (all bar the '05 model at least) - all show, no go... (no offence Loz!)
  10. I suppose an Across could be referred to as a yabbie, all shell and no guts :D which is the common nickname for most early jap and current Korean cars out there :wink:

EDIT: for speeling :wink:
  11. Har Har
    VFR800= commonfalcadore boring as batshit but reliable.
    R1100s definitely the BMW M series, a few more horses than the vfr but more fun to ride. (any twin is)
  12. I say yes to all but the last, which only applies in many cases but not all.....and MOST CERTAINLY NOT TO ME!!!

If you believe that, you'll believe anything!!!
  13. can i add one .... YZF600R = Skyline GTR ... super performance yet comfortrable/cool :p
  14. harley davidson= caterpillar grader....same motor, same construction and digs up the road on corners!

(should I run and hide??...will they kill for this?)
  15. Yes we can kill, but you are not worth it!
    You are just jelous.
    See a shrink!
  16. Skylines are cool? :shock:
  17. I've driven a 120Y. Once. It remains the only car I've ever driven that made a serious attempt on my life, and I've hated the little suckers ever since.

I should start a parallel thread "Car = Insect", because the 120Y is surely the cockroach of the automotive world. Loathsome and indestructible.

I really don't think there's a biking equivalent. The worst bike is infinitely better than the best 120Y (if such a thing exists).

So what's an Across then? Something small, non-threatening but zippy (16,500rpm redline and smooth - a ZZR 250 donk is a boat anchor by comparison).

Maybe a Barina SRi?