Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike Auction - Milperra - 30 August

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by noworries, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Stat write off's. Only good for spare parts :-(
  2. There's at least a couple in there that "look like" easy enough fixes for a track-bike, if you were in the market...
  3. I'd be staying away, given what happened last time someone sold bike bits in Milperra :wink:.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. jeez, Pat, that was a LONG time ago, though :LOL:
  5. Ive been, not all write offs, heaps of ex cop bikes and army machines up for grabs, but some prices they get sold for are ridiculous, for instance, a bike sitting on a pallet fully burnt out went for over $1000
  6. maybe the guy wanted the pallet :rofl:
  7. Not quite true either. It is possible to get a stat write off re-registered, but it isn't easy and almost impossible if you are not a motorcycle repair shop.

It would be interesting to see if the new laws are driving down Auction prices. I remember going to a bike salvage auction a few years ago and I came away thinking it wasn't worth buying the bikes, for the money they were bringing.

You'd think a few auctions with the current laws would see wreckers being saturated with parts.