Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike and riding gear hire in Canberra

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by reedy75, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Hey there,
    Next month I will be in Canberra for 5 weeks with work. I am flying up so can't take my bike or riding gear. Can anyone suggest a place to hire a bike and some riding gear while I'm in the ACT. Can wait to see the county side by bike.

2. it would probably be cheaper to buy one
  3. +2
  4. Ring Canberra Motorcycle Centre and ask whoever answers, they will be able to tell you who is around. (02) 6280 4491
    I haven't been there for a few years due to interstate move, but used to get very good service there.
  5. or
    you could fly to sydney, hire a 1098 for a couple hundred and realise damn, now you have to do lots of riding to get to Canberra :grin:
  6. +1 they do have good service and should be able to tell you. I don't think there is anywhere here to hire a motorbike, there are only 3 or 4 bike shops and the climate isn't the most motorbike friendly at the moment. Good luck
  7. What's stopping you riding up? :p
  8. I can't ride up as I have to fly up with a crew of work guys and I have heaps of gear to take with me. But thanks for the replies I will give the bike shops a call.