Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike alarms.....again

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Bogus69, May 27, 2005.

1. I just spoke to someone at QBE insurance who said that I could have my imposed theft excess of $300 removed if I have one of 2 alarms.
    I did a search but couldn't find any info.

Do any of youse fullas and fulleses know anything (or can point me toward) about either "smart alarm" or "stop alarm"?

Apparently a locked back courtyard in a terrace house is somewho less secure that a garage. :roll:
  2. Do QBE charge an excess if your bike is stolen?
    I'm pretty sure that Swann don't.
    It's pretty rough of them if they do.
  3. As far as I know, the excess applies if the bike is stolen or damaged. I think mine is $400.00.
  4. i'll be posting a review of the new security system i purchased yesterday shortly, it works pretty well, this morning a tradesman bumped my bike as he walked past it and set it off :D
  5. How much was it including installation?

The extra excess for theft is because it is not considered "locked up at night" and it doesn't have an alarm.
    I think you will find ALL insurance companies charge at least their normal excess for a stolen vehicle.

I looked at swann, but the quote was about $630 cos I am on my Ls.
    QBE is $311.