Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bike alarm, doesnt the siren drain the battery?!?!?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by BKN, Oct 30, 2006.

1. A title guys,

im considering installing an alarm on my bike. but im curious to know, when the siren goes off, wouldnt this drain the bike battery?
  2. I’m not sure about bikes, but I have some experience with 110db alarms. Some of the guys (at muck up day) decided they would set off a personal panic alarm, and then throw it up in an inaccessible window sill at the school. Remember they have those tiny little button batteries, so it’s a pretty small amount of power being used. Anyways – they threw it up at 8am, and I arrived at 1:30 and it was still going strong. So that shows that after 5.5 hours it was still going. When your bike alarm goes off – it probably wouldn’t ring for longer than a few minutes. How many times do you expect it to go off a day?
    Hope this helps.
  3. Also, forgot to mention, riders wouldn't buy alarms if they had to replace the bike battery every week because of a power draining alarm :grin: