Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bigger than jesus

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by D Stump, Oct 9, 2007.

1. years ago, a friend who was a hard core beatles fan told me the following bit of history [dont know how acurate it is]

apparently, one of the band leaders said "we're bigger than jesus"; meaning that more people attended their performance than church, or that more people were fans of the band, rather than religious.

apparently there was a lot of truth to it, but the results were public distaste towards the band [cant have lasted too long].

any fans here on netrider? was that what finished or slowed the most popular band in the world?

i was told all this years ago but something bugs me about it. it was true, what was said was true.

why do humans have a habbit of burning people at the stake for speaking the truth?

whats wrong with us?
  2. I think our problem is that we don't all have IQs bigger than jebus.

3. I think what killed the Beatles was The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Queen, Jimi Hendrix, The Beach Boys, The Eagles, Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine, The Wiggles..... etc etc etc

There's a lot of bands come out since then who had a "different" thing to offer, and John Lennon was always a tool.
  4. Obviously Thomas The Tank Engine poached their talent, and the band couldn't go on.
  5. That reminds me of how so many people say "Money is the root of all evil" when in truth the actual quote was "The love of money is the root of all evil"

http://oldies.about.com/od/oldieshistory/a/beatlesjesus.htm this may help connect the 2 - only for people with high IQs! (This in-joke is gonna last a while most likely huh?)
  6. Stump, your answer is here ----> :google:

John Lennon made the statement, which is often misquoted and taken out of context. No one was burned at the stake.

"For humans, truth is a relative thing". You my friend, are absolute and utter living proof, beyond all shadow of a doubt, that that statement is true.

Loz.... FFS man! Ring me a frickin undertaker... you are Kiiiilllllliiiiinnnnggggg mmmmeeeeeeee :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  7. thanks for the link undi

eye! well said ^^

money is easy to love to because it's all take and no give [money doesnt poo its nappy etc] so only the weakest of humans love money and trample anyone to get it

well considering the fact that nr has a habbit of taking things much further than when the flavor has gone, i would say it's never dying down.

at least it's justified. its not like i said something reasonable

rob wrote

the guy who said the earth was round did. thanks for the google tip but it was more about how people react to the truth. i put all the 'maybe' stuff in to put a hault to the "nah, your like totally wrong" posts

truth, as in how we perceive but there's other truths such as

kylie monogue doesnt sing very well or right her own music, and

oh oh oh!

ha ha ha ha ha :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

only a thumpa iq like mine can think o that one! pee ching!
  8. Beetles are bigger than Jesus
  9. Yeah, but who cares? She's still HOT! =P~
  10. John Lennon said it. he was vilified for it. There were beatle record burning parties because of it. He could well have been right, though
  11. yeah i agree roger, i think john was right. the reaction really speaks to me tho. it was true, so why would people turn to hate over what is true?
  12. There was only really a problem in the US if I remember correctly.

Yoko normally gets blamed for the split, but if I remember the history they toured constantly from about 61 till 66, then did the hippy studio thing till 69/70, I think they were fighting when yoko turned up, and then they started suing each other. So really I think it had just run its course...

And I agree Dirty TRiX Lennon was a tool, but musicians are good at that. i think Bono is currently holding that torch.
  13. i didnt know yoko and john split!

so when u say bono is holding the torch, is that the 'tool' torch?

i think he's ok and he does a lot of other countries. [but you know, im a woman and he's HOT!]