Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Big up myself

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TarmacSamurai, Nov 18, 2008.

1. I don't know how many of you know that I'm a writer. Anyway, I am. My new book is available through amazon now. Still waiting for local stock, which will be cheaper, but thought I'd start whoring my wares around the net anyway. Details at my site here:

All about my latest novel.

2. Bluddie Spammer
  3. I see you enjoy the world of the occult. Is your story's background a bit hardcore like Stephen King or a bit lighthearted like Roger Zelazney?
    What other genres do you enjoy?
  4. Looks like something up my alley ...
    Will read the first few chapters when I get time :)
  5. MV - Hey, it's quality spam!

Vic - it's pretty hardcore, definitely not for kids. Moreso than King really.

VCM - love to hear what you think.
  6. Congrats on the new novel. Is it going to be in local bookshops as well as on Amazon?

*cough* I seem to recall something in the FAQ prohibiting posts of a commercial nature :p You're giving the book away, right? :grin:
  7. Grrr! Seriously, it doesn't matter how many people edit a manuscript, there's always something.

Thanks for subtly mentioning it to me on the quiet though, Ktulu. I appreciate that.
  8. It will be in local bookshops, but not for a while yet. That's the nature of the publishing method in this case. You can order it through your bookshop, but you might pay "import" prices at this stage.

And it's not commercial. I'm not selling anything.

9. No worries, bro! I'm always here to help.

Heh, actually what I read wasn't bad. I'll be in Parramatta this saturday, so if Infinitas are open I'll grab a copy of Realmshift.
  10. Thanks mate. They should have a few copies of the original edition left. The new edition is only available online at the moment.

Let me know what you think!
  11. And will sir be preferring the 'constructive criticism' or the 'brutal honesty'? :p
  12. The only type of constructive criticism is the brutally honest kind.

I usually say to people, "If you like it, tell all your friends to check it out. If you don't like it, tell me."
  13. Hey Ktulu, did Inifintas have any left?
  14. I ah, don't know...

I'm sorry, after the motorcycle show, and lunch at the Bavarian Beer Cafe - I wasn't in my finest book-shopping condition :eek:

I shall order a copy from Amazon tonight :)
  15. Will definitely check out the book

But I have to admit the thread title had me worried about what kind of image I might see if I clicked on it
  16. So - how do u go about getting a signed copy?

17. I love stories like these! Well done Alan :) I'll let you know what I think mate.
  18. No I won't.
    Not at these exchange rates! :eek:

Better hit up Infinitas.
  19. Yeah, that's the suckiest thing about it all at the moment. With exchange rates and shipping costs as they are, getting copies into Australia at the moment is proving to be a complete nightmare! :evil:

I'm having to look into a domestic printer, and that's proving no easier at this stage. However, if anyone wants to brave Amazon, it's actually a bit cheaper if you go via amazon.co.uk rather than amazon.com. At least, it was a few days ago! If anyone does get one through Amazon, good on ya! And be sure to let me know what you think.

I'll let you know as and when Australian domestic copies of the new editions are available. Don't think it'll be in time for Xmas though.

Once again: :evil: