Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BIG THNX 2 ZAURONAS........

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Ratbag, Oct 31, 2004.

1. We all returned home safely from the 30th Oct ride to Opollo Bay.

it really only dawned on me this morning ( ie : the next day ) that i could have come to grief, if it wasnt for excellent ears of "zauronas"

after getting to Lorne, where a few of us gas'd up our bikes, zauronas heard a hissing noise from my back tyre.
    i had received a clean puncture right through the carcas of the tyre.
    there wasnt anything stuck in the hole and it was minute.......
    i really dont know how he managed to hear it.

a can of TYRE WELD later and i was back into it.

i can only imagine the outcome as my tyre deflated on the GOR.

i hope you enjoy the dvd i gave you mate, but i think i still owe you.

cheers ratty ( aka Paul ) > ride safe people <

2. yeah how did he hear such a puncture?

3. Zauronas, saved the day by hearing that when he did. His bike was parked next to yours and the puncture was right where you could hear it. I doubt any of us older guys would have heard it though. When you're only 19 your hearing is generally a lot better than say when you're 30 :?

Paul, I just realized the CD you gave me was for a DVD and I don't even have a DVD player. I should have given it to Manual at the servo. He seemed really disappointed he never got one. My bad?

4. no worries James, i used to work with "manny" he's a mate of mine.

thats why i said he can wait :p

i'll be over his place monday, that reminds me i better burn him a copy now :D

5. Thanx for the pm shabby! Oh, and was that you yesturday after apollo bay ride at around 7pm on South Gippy Hwy as you were heading home and I was turning right at the lights? Did you see me?

JAMES !! How are you! Sorry we took off from around Geelong but Seve just wanted to get home so I tagged along with him. Next time we go to Apollo Bay we're going to stay the night. My eyes were popping out of my head :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh James, do I have your number? Need to talk real soon about Corryong. I'll alter the accomodation this week.

How you going Paul? Thank f... that tyre held. I'll be in touch soon.

That's enough for now.

Cheers Franky

6. nah that was'nt me, and if it was the sight was'nt coping to well. Acording to the missus i was home at around 7.30 to 8ish