Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Big news if you love American bikes

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Stroker, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Wow

years ago my dad had an indian which he loved..
    but an off scared him a bit and never rode again..

hope the designers can succeed in brining the indian look and feel into a bike for today's times..
    not always easy to do....

they did it with some cages...
    ones that come to mind are the beatle, mini and fiat 500.
    worked to some extent but biggest fail for them was that those 3 cars were originally for the masses where the modern reborns became over priced yuppie machines...
  2. Polaris is a well-run, well-funded company.

As we have seen, H-D really lift their game every now and then when they get some real competition. That's why we've seen the resurgence of the Sportsters, especially the Iron 883, 48 and XR models. Not everyone can afford or justify $30k+ on a big, traditional cruiser, especially if it's a weekend toy.

I'd love to have a new Indian Scout...
  3. Oh bloody hell, here we go again.

Yet another company producing an overweight V-twin with skirted fenders (which are the first thing that should be thrown away on a proper Indian) and calling it an Indian Chief.

Hedstrom, Hendee and Franklin will be spinning in their graves. Again.
  4. Don't worry, they've planned a high-revving 500cc V-twin model that's traditionally styled but actually handles AND is affordable.
  5. I love the look of the old Indians, don't know much about them beyond that great little Anthony Hopkins film from NZ. But the more choices the merrier!