Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

big head

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by pragnasty, Feb 14, 2006.

1. does anyone else out there feel there head just a little bit to bulbous when they put their helmet on :LOL: ?

is it just with the cheaper helmets that they tend to be a lot more bulkier?
    ive noticed more expensive helmets feel a little bit lighter as well as fitting a heck of a lot better.

i have a hjc, it is fairly light weight, but i want something with less wind noise and more aerodynamic

at the end of the day im looking for protection
    but i wana look stylish too :cool:
    looking for something round $500.....

2. I am sure you will get all the advice about whatever fits best....

I have an Arai Condor that was $700? but with a discount i paid $550 and it really ddoes feel like a quality product.

Inside its just so comfy, I dont even notice i have it on while riding (as much as that is possible).
  3. Whatever you buy, prags, don't neglect earplugs anyway .... when you hearing is damaged, you can't buy more.
  4. I second the arai condor. i feel exactly the same, once its on its so comfortable that i don't even notice it
  5. Prags, I have an HJC CL-14 and I find the wind noise fairly minimal. I've worn a couple of other helmets and I find the reduced noise of this one outstrips them by far. Jafu, I think has the same helmet and he's remarked to me on the reduced noise with this helmet. I find that all noise with any helmet can of course be greatly reduced with using earplugs. Don't bother with the foam ones, get rubber ones. E.A.R make a set called Ultrafit 25-30dB noise reduction. The come on a neck cord. I find that this gets caught on the inside of the helmet and pulls the plug out of the ear. Take the cord off and carry an old film cannister around with you to put them in when your not wearing them.