Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Big Catch

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 2wheelsagain, Oct 16, 2008.

1. I don't know what it is but I'm impressed.

2. Looks a bit like a Grouper.
    Are they edible?
  3. He wins.
  4. seems a little sus to me... how the hell would they get that in?? They are using a rather large hook to hold it up in the photo, did they go fishing with 5mm^2 cable and tow hooks??? :? :?
    I'm not the fishing type but how the farrrk did they get that in? Someone enlighten me please...
  5. Ok Browny here's the rest of the email.
    Shows how much attention I paid in the first place. I was just blown away by the size of the thing. :shock:

Bruce Kruk, who blindfolds his friends to keep his favourite fishing spot secret has come up with a record-beating fish -- a Rainbow Trout weighing 359.1 pounds.
    The giant hauled in by Bruce Kruk of Trail British Columbia is 12 ounces above the previous Columbia River record, a BC biologist confirmed.

It's been cut down to fillets. The first fillet weighed 53 pounds, Bruce said. He caught it near a chemical outflow on the Columbia River. He won't give a more specific description.

"I put myself in a harness and just had to lay back and fight," Bruce said. "It was about a 15 or 20 minute fight." Bruce cleaned the fish late Monday afternoon. "We'll split it up," he said. "I'll make some phone calls and try to get rid of it fresh. The rest, we'll vacuum pack it and cook it later." Bruce says he believes the fish is about 33 years old. He plans to send an inner-ear bone called the otolith to a university in Victoria where researchers can help determine the age of the fish. He hopes to get the results in about four weeks.

The world record, caught in BC in 1985, is 436 pounds, 12 ounces.
  6. Photoshop :LOL:
  7. :LOL:
    Well Done too
  8. There are only 2 things that smell like fish. One of them is fish.
  9. And the other one is fishermen? :LOL:
  10. You shouldn't have asked .....
  11. I've met Rog. He's caught plenty of fish over the years :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Nah it can't be fake, the name of the guy who caught it was Really McReal Real.

What more proof do you need :?

Edit: hmmm wasted my 600th post on a Namey McName Name call...dammit :mad:
  13. And officially its not a myth LINK to article on today's news.com.au

"After experiencing ridicule, distress, shame, anxiety and low self esteem during her school years, she first consulted a doctor about the problem at the age of 17, then again two years later, followed by a further four doctors over the next 20 years," ................................
  14. I thought you meant the giant fish wasn't a myth.

I didn't need to know about fishy malodour syndrome.

15. Right again ,Chris