Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Big Calves... or small boots?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by WTSPT, Mar 8, 2010.

1. I don't know if im the only one in this category but I am really struggling to find a place that has boots to fit blokes with big calves? Anyone know of a place in melbz at all????

2. Thats the reason I don't tuck my leathers into my boots - no room!

Mate of mine recommend Sidi as they have a measure of adjustment apparently.
  3. I have the same problem, so I wear short boots instead.
  4. hey, try http:www.bikeapparels.com/ they offer a good collection of tall boots for big calves.

You will get even Plus and 2Plus calf size boots from there.

5. first post? go say hi in the welcome thread :)

and they aren't bike boots...
  6. From my experience (read: I sell them so I kind of know what I am talking about..........)
    We have had guys come in and try on boots, in fact, ladies as well. And if you have larger than average size calves, you will find it difficult to purchase boots that will fit.

My advice is to purchase the short leather boots. Make sure they have good ankle support to assist in your ankle not rolling when you come to a stop.
    Also to have a good sole, that grips properly in the wet or oily surfaces.
  7. I wear Sidi for their adjustment, I have large calves and they are the only boots that fit properly and comfortably...
  8. i've got the same problem. Have a look at the Sidi's or SYGA BSRT boots, both have calve adjustment.

I brought a pair of BSRT boots off ebay and they are pretty good.