Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Big bloke on two wheels

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by scott76, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Hello to you all,

After many years of threatening to get my riders license I finally took the leap back in December. I am bigger than the average bear and was concerned that I would not be able to get decent protective gear to fit or a learners approved bike to fit me. I stand almost 6'7" and weigh a bit more than I should (read fat bastard). However I was so happy to find companies like RHOK jeans who where willing to make me a pair of custom Kevlar jeans and SDG Moto who made me an awesome custom leather riders jacket. I than went on the quest to find a bike ...... I went to a number of bike shops with salesmen trying to pitch this bike and that bike not really considering the bloke who has to ride their offerings! Than I walked into western motorcycles at Penrith and a young bloke named Mitch asked if he could help. He than proceeded to show me a suzuki V-Strom abs. But he was willing to call a spade a spade and said that I would need to upgrade the shock spring front and rear. I really appreciated the no BS approach and the lengths that this company went to to fit the bike to me. I had all the upgrades I wanted with all the optional extras at a very reasonable price. Since this time I have clocked up nearly 1500 km's and have enjoyed every single meter of it. The bike is awesome to ride and is very confidence inspiring.
    So, I hope to meet some of you at the net rider MOST training at homebush and I am sure I will nod to many of you on the open road.

Stay safe!!

• Like Like x 12
  2. Welcome fella
  3. Hey, scott76scott76

Welcome to NR. It's great you found a first bike that fits along with a good bike shop experience.

I'm 6'6", but only 85kg and the Wee-Strom was also my choice, after owning 2 smaller bikes in almost 2 years on 2 wheels.
  4. Howdy scott76scott76, welcome to NR and a life on two wheels. Congrats on taking the plunge and on a great choice of a bike. Enjoy and put some pics of your ride when you can.
  5. Welcome mate, glad you found a good shop to help you with your first bike. I also got my license in December. It's been one of the best decisions I've ever made.
  6. welcome aboard :) congrats on the bike
  7. Welcome.

It's good to hear of a bike shop and sales person who actually can be helpful.
  8. welcome to Netrider and life on two wheels Scott!
  9. Welcome, good story, the V-strom is a great bike and sounds like you got all the right gear!
  10. Welcome :D

I love my VStrom, though I'm not as muscular as you, they great bikes. Just clocked 12000km on mine :D
  11. Welcome to NR

12. Welcome to NR mate, looking forward this Sundays ride with you, certainly cloaking up some km's on your V-Strom now :cool:
    If anyone what's to join, we heading out from Mc Donald's Narellan about 7.30 am ( Bells line / Richmond / Katoomba ).
  13. Welcome scott76scott76 , try and stop smiling now you're on two wheels, bet ya can't ;)
  14. welcome and happy days :)