Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vic, Oct 29, 2009.

1. What is BidHere.com?

BidHere.com is a unique auction site where brand new products, such as Nintendo Wii’s, iPods, laptops, digital cameras and LCD TVs fall under the auction hammer everyday and sell for prices that can only be described as totally mad.

What do BidHere.com do?

We offer the hottest and most wanted gadgets at bargain prices. We offer the latest, brand new
    consumer electronics, watches and other desirable consumables from leading manufacturers.
    BidHere is a unique Internet auction experience. We offer an exciting online auction for
    consumers, based on the principles of an American‐Style Auction – it is the right type of
    competition for participants who want to auction attractive goods and services at best prices.

Why BidHere.com?

BidHere.com stands out from crowd for several reasons. BidHere makes sure that every auction
    we run has a fair go. Real Auctions, Real Winners, Real Time!
    Some of the reasons why BidHere is chosen upon other unique auction sites are:

* Only $0.75 per bid

* Every bid placed, increases the product price by $0.02

* 5 Bids free when your register

* Fair Auction Guarantee

* Start your own auction

* Redeem your win for cash!

* 10 free bids for every 100 bids you place.

* 100% secure payment options

* Strict Privacy Policy guaranteed

* No one looses his/her money. We give you the possibility to purchase the product you’re
    interested in at anytime. All the bids you place on an auction are offered as a discount off
    the recommended retail price of the item.

How does it work?

BidHere is a revolutionary unique auction concept. The basic idea is to offer brand new products
    at very attractive prices. The auction works as follows:

1) All Products are brand new and auctions start at $0.00
    2) User creates an account
    3) Buy bids for $0.75 each
    4) Each bid increases the price by $0.02 at a time
    5) Place bid and wait for timer to reach 00:00:00
    6) Each auction has a countdown timer between 15 seconds and 3 minutes
    7) When the timer reaches zero, the last bidder wins the right to purchase the product
    8) If another user counterbids, the countdown timer will restart

So the other day I decided to buy 50 bids and try my luck. After 43 bids on a WDTV unit, I won it for $3.06. All up, the $3.06 + the cost of the bids came to just under $40. Not a bad price for an item worth $129 RRP.

The the wife decides that she wanted to have a go at out doing me. Let me tell you, she certainly achieved it. She too picked up a bargain.
    She managed to win (for me ;) ) a Sony PS3 250GB console for, wait for it............all up, with the bids and the final sale price, under $55. The RRP for the PS3 was $595 :shock:

I was very sceptical about the system and how it works, however, no any more.

I can see this becoming a permanent open tab in my browser.

It does work, you do pick up a bargain, don't wait, register using this link and start picking up some amazing bargains.

Good Luck
  2. You mention those timers been between 15 and 180 seconds. Why do a lot of the timers on the site have hours in them???

Looks good otherwise.
  3. Been observing it for a while but imho unless you are prepared to sit and wait for hours on end spending heaps then it's not worth it for me.
  4. bidhere have been quite active in sponsoring forums...
  5. That site is a GENIUS business idea. pure genius. I'm currently looking at a Dell Studio One PC, which allegedly retails at $1799. This is my interpretation of their business.

This thing that retails at $1799 is selling at $74?!?!? How on earth can they sell at these crazy crazy prices? How do they make money?!?!

Here is the genius thing. Each bid costs users 75c, and the price goes up incrementally by 2c every time a bid is placed.

so for a current price of $74, that means 3700 bids have been placed, each at a cost of 75c. So even before the product has sold, the auctioneers have recieved 75c*3700bids = $2775 for the item, or 1.5 times the RRP of the item.

Bloody genius. There is probably a knack to winning on this site too, but once someone has sunk a bunch of cash in bidding they are likely to keep bidding until they win - the competitive psychology of auctions makes 2 winners (the auction site and the eventual winner) and plenty of losers (losing bidders who still had to put in cash to bid).

Probably some good late night bargains to be had here if you have the patience.
  6. ^^ Yep, I did the maths on that also... Let's just hope I win what I want... I reckon it'd be worth pairing up with some mates over the phone to create several accounts on different IP address and hammer bid something to win it.
  7. I just picked up a 1TB HDD for $3.26 :D

But yes, the model is pure genius, the nikon camera has earnt him $8,000+

Not bad for something that can be bought for $1700
  8. What are you doing to win it?
    are you using that bidmonkey thing?

9. ha ha ha! I went to MSY today to buy one of them....

wanna sell it to me? I'll give you 10 times what you paid

So this kinda feels like a game of luck to me - is there any reason this is better than whacking money in pokies? Would it come under regular gambling laws?
  10. Yeah bid monkey.

You just need to learn to "read" other bidders ;)
  11. so, vic, is this a cash for comment thread?[-X
  12. Absolutely NOT!!!!!!

Yes they are an advertiser but I am posting my experiences.

The system is great if you master it.

The wife picked up an XBOX 360 last night for $29 and then attempted to win a home cinema system.
    I guestimate that she spent around $50 worth of bids that failed to turn into a win.

If you are clever enough you can pick up insane bargains.

I like the system so am posting about it.

The suggestion of a "cash for comments" post is just rude.
  13. There are more losers than winners. It's gambling, plain and simple... and more importantly, I question that any of these sites are ethical enough not to have bots bidding on their behalf. Really, how would anyone ever catch them?
  14. So do you have any tips for the uninitiated? In 3 days you've won an insane amount of stuff for something that looks just like gambling.
  15. just as well you have a thick enough skin. OP, came across more as a advertising spiel than anything else. my bad for interpreting that way:)
  16. Roaster, there are some tips on the site that make sense.

Something probably worth having a look at, and having a bash at in the wee hours.

Maybe bid on the pack of 500 bids - seems meta, but if you had that, and could borrow Mrs Vic, you could get lots of stuff ;-)
  17. There is a bidmonkey thing which bids for you up till you set the upper limit or when your bids run out.
    Still trying to get my head around the whole thing.
    Also the times are set to Utah USA time
  18. I copied and pasted their "spiel" because I spent 30 minutes typing out a kick arse review and this little piece of shit eeepc crashed and I lost the lot.

I was pretty ****en angry so just posted the "spiel" instead of retyping it.

Tips? Yeah, don't bid against me and you'll be right :p
  19. Did you win that piece of shit eeepc from that site:LOL:
  20. No, I've had it for over a year and I bought it from Foo-man-choo who I found out of the green guide.