Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"Bibble Bar" sissy bars

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by moogar, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Anyone got one of these, or know anything about the guy who makes them?

2. Solid, simple, a bit primitive in the style department but ok,
    needs power tools to cut and drill and etc in order to install. Had
    lots of farting about to get it to fit. If you don't mind that, they're ok
    for the money.
    Seller seems nice enough.
  3. I don't know what Hotcam is on about. I have one that's been on my bike for over six years and it looks like the day it was put on. The style is not primitive, just different. If your into the typical tubular style with a pad the size of a cigarette pack you probably wont like it. I have dealt with Joe (The guy who designed it) on a few occasions, including saddle bags, top boxes etc and found him above and beyond the call of duty. Value for dollar, it can't be beat. I don't know how he does it and I don't care. I'm just glad he's there. GO BIBBLE BAR
  4. IMHO pretty basic looking/not pretty. Do not know about the finish.

Do not buy the rack bag that he sells, utter rubbish.
  5. If your speaking of the weekend bag, I saw the exact same bag in the shop for $280. I paid $125 and use it regularly. Never had a problem. Rod sounds like someone who's in competition with Bibble Bar. MMMM?

6. lol

Bag I bought had about 8 straps that clicked on to those quick release buckle things, they are all over the bag, I could not figure out what they were all supposed to be used for. Bag has no shape or form so crushes badly, took on 1 trip and it moved all over the sissy bar rack.
  7. That's because the bag is designed for large capacity. If you wanted something just to put a laptop and shirt in, I agree it has no shape and will not sit correct. I use it for camping and get a 4 man tent, two sleeping bags, pillows, cook top and what ever else I need in it. That's when the bag takes shape and is firm enough to stay put. As far as the straps and buckles go, maybe they should come with directions. It took me awhile to figure out. The 2 buckles on the side top are for holding on the barrel bag. The two long straps are for holding the Barrel bag while on the bike or move them to the lower clips to make it a backpack. Went on a trip with a mate who had another leather bag similar and we got caught in the rain. I had dry clothes to put on, he didn't. Here is what I don't understand. If you were not happy with item why didn't you send it back? They are a local small company who are having a go, trying to save Australian riders money and offer a 100% satisfaction Guarantee. I bought a top box from them a couple months ago and while speaking to Joe, the owner (Which is something you can't do with most companies) telling him how happy I was with the gear I have, he told me that if he does everything right, the customer might tell 2 people. If something is wrong they will tell 50. He also said everything he designed and re-designed is from requests and responses from customers. This is why I responded to your link in the first place. Instead of running a good man down, call him and he will try to fix your problem.
    • Like Like x 1