Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

beware worksites

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Orb, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Especially if the builders leave sandbags on the footpath and some kids think it's a great idea to dump some on the road at night.

Practiceing the quick steer payed of, and the sandbags in the site managers mailbox might remind him to clean up the work site next time :angel:

2. I've run over one of those black rubber bollard bases at night. Running over one of those at 80km/hr is a hell of a nut cracker. Didn't see it in the darkness and being on the freeway, there were no street lights. Lucky I ran over the centre of it, if I had been slightly to the left/right, I would have gone flying.
  3. Ever hit one of those temporary non-knurled steel plates on the road? I was on my gf's cbr250 in the pissing rain at night and ran over one at reasonable lean and speed (didn't see it) and almost highsided, it was a huge powerslide! If I was riding my blackbird that I had at the time it would have gone down for sure.