Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Beware fraudulent internet motorcycle accessory supplier pizzeriaschezmaggy.com

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by fruechtel, Sep 15, 2015.

1. My son in law ordered and paid for a motorcycle jacket from a website: http://www. pizzeriaschezmaggy. com/ . They offer brand name jackets and helmets for less than a third of retail in Australia. He should have known better; after he provided his credit card details he never got a receipt or confirmation, nor did they answer any inquiries. Even though it does not show on the website they are based in China and there is no way to contact them, once they have your money. If he is lucky, he might get his money back through his credit card provider; but the lesson hopefully learned: If it looks too good to be true, don't even think about it.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. Wow, definitely has some dodgy factor about it with a website address of www . pizzeriaschezmaggy . com (I had to break it out since it would auto name itself as something different) and nothing about location. Even the Who is entry is sparse.

This site stinks of rip off.
  3. as the old saying says it: "if it is too good to be true, it probably is". There is a ton of counterfeit products coming out China, Pakistan and so on. and there are the scammers and so on. Pay a bit more, try to haggle in store and get it local. But we we all learn the hard way the best!
  4. Howdy,

I did some checking (after all its what i do for a job) and this is what i came up with

The WHOIS record for this domain is as follows;

Registrant Name: Emily steven
    Registrant Organization:
    Registrant Street: 4093 W Rim Trl
    Registrant City: toyoto <-- Where?
    Registrant State/Province: Alabama
    Registrant Postal Code: 23421 <-- Parksley, VA 23421, USA (not Alabama, not even remotely close)
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Phone: +63.6058992692 <-- Philippines country code
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: jiuyongba1469051@163.com <-- Chinese Web Portal address

The "Secure page" isn't.. (I've included a screenshot for your reference)

SSL Check for that domain results in a self signed (UNTRUSTED) certificate

Common name: myhost.localdomain.ltd
    Valid from June 21, 2015 to June 20, 2016
    Serial Number: 3779002595 (0xe13f00e3)
    Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
    Issuer: myhost.localdomain.ltd

Steer clear from this site. Not only are you at risk of not getting anything you pay for, your payment & personal details are being submitted over the internet in plain text for anyone with half a clue to steal and abuse.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thanks for that check; just goes to show that most users would have no idea who they are dealing with. I don't know what ( if anything ) my son in law was thinking when he submitted his credit card details. If they offer a Schuberth C3 Pro or Shoei Neotec helmet for under Aus $ 200.00 you would think the alarm bells would start ringing. And as you pointed out: how many other scammers have now got access to his details?
  6. Wow, my WHOIS check brought up irrlevent stuff - but did bring up the Emily Stevens thing... seems not all whois's are the same.

Definitely a ripe stinky shonky smell about this website.

Is there an on line spammer database that this site could be submitted to?
  7. You could try the following;

Report a scam | Scamwatch

I've submitted an internal ticket for it.

At the end of the day, i can only report if the site is not using a product it claims to be using to secure transactions, the onus is on the customer to make an educated decision on if they use the site or not.

You can have all the security in the world on a site, and still receive a brick in the mail (it's happened before and the classic "oh what you ordered Jordans but got some 2nd hand knock offs").

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Also google review if the option is available!
  9. Using PayPal is one option to keep yourself secure..

I normally never enter my CC details directly.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. That is a good tip, which I have also passed on to my son in law. It is a lot easier to pay with Paypal, no details passed on to a third party and fraudulent sellers will soon be weeded out by Paypal.
  11. And you can get your cash back via Paypal also!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I gave their site a ... nudge, but it hasn't been set up by a complete n00b (proper passwords etc). A full on "investigation" would most likely attract the attention of those whose radar I'd rather not show up on at this stage. Best to stick with legal channels.
  13. ummm..why dont you contact your credit card issuer (your bank?) to get a refund? They will do a chargeback (assuming the account still active).

edit: My mistake, I see card owner has already submitted a claim to the bank...keep at it.

edit: I would also ask the bank to reissue card with diff expiry date as likely your card details are being passed around.