Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Beware Buying new bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Sparky55, Feb 13, 2011.

1. I'm interested in buying a new Kawasaki ninja 1000 ABS, but I dont want to be like those poor VFR 1200 buyers 6 mths approximately after the bike was released for sale Honda offered free panniers & topbox. My luck the moment I rode out of the bikeshop I would read in AMCN free panniers with new kawasaki !!!

2. #2 17SJS, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Soooo...is this a question?

3. Yeah but there's always something just around the corner and if you hold on for that possibility of a better deal 6 months down the track you'll end up never buying anything.
    Who knows what what will happen in 6 months? Maybe they will throw in free luggage, or maybe Aussie dollar will tank and they'll jack up the prices?
    If you want it now, get it now.

4. The Ninja 1000 has been well received, reviews have been very positive, lots of people are keen, and it's probably selling better than the VFR was/is, so at a guess there's less likely to be any super new deals to try to get them sold.

5. Kawasaki roll over models usually in October. Can you wait till then ??? Cause that's when they will offer deals.