Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Better tyres for my Spada - Pirelli vs. Bridgestone

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Gilligan, Feb 6, 2007.

1. I want to get rid of the dodgy Dunlop Arrowmax tyres on my Spada as I don’t know how old they are and I’m less than impressed with their cornering grip. I want something that's on the sporty side of sport-touring to give me more confidence through the twisties. Dry grip is my priority as I don't do a lot of wet riding and reasonable life would be good. I’ve had Bridgestone BT-45s and Pirelli Sport Demons recommended to me. Any opinions out there on these or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  2. I can certainly recommend BT-45s as far as tyre life is concerned - got a bit over 15,000kms out of my last set (and they weren't new when I bought the bike). Mate of mine had (may still have) Arrowmaxes on his 250 Bandit - didn't seem to offer any significant improvement in grip but they wear out real fast (if I remember rightly they only lasted about 8,000kms of commuting).
  3. BT45, had them on my Spada and made the bike corner soo much more confidently. Wear was good too. About 36psi for me @ 75kg.
  4. Bridgestone BT92's dude i believe there the best value for money.
    I got them a while back and there great. Have a look for your self.

Hope that helps About $370 for a set at bob jane in the city. Thats a 110 front 140 rear or a cbr250rr so i imagine yours will be the same price, just dont forget to mention your a netrider.

By the way a track day on them will still wear them but if you not going to track day on them i believe they will last for ever on the road. Well not forever but give u good life.
  5. I have fairly worn arrowmax front and sport demon rear which have been on my across since I bought it.

Do you guys think I should go with matching set of sport demons next or try the BT92's?

Anyone know the going rate for sport demons so I can do a decent comparison?