Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Better sexy than dead!

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by taiheung, May 17, 2008.

1. 650 dollars for gloves?

2. That's a yuckily effective advert, though :)
  3. Vomit..
    Never ceases to amaze me the amount of people getting around on bikes,not just scooters , who bloody wear bugger all!
  4. What annoys me about this feature article is that they advertise some very expensive riding gear, they would rather put people off buying scoots or bikes with some of the stuff advertised there.
  5. doh double post!
  6. The article is a rather awkward read... but it does have a good point. Most bike gear looks like absolute arse.

Also, people should be very wary of Deus' stuff. It looks fantastic, costs a mint but is usually lacking in protection.
  7. I too found it very hit and miss. It's great to see attention to this in the main stream media that doesn't portray protective gear as cumbersome and a drag, however the gear they've chosen to advertise is just craaap! Either totally inadequate or just way too expensive.
  8. As a new rider looking to purchase some protective gear, I amazed at the dearth of bright colour on protective gear. I want to maximise my ability to be seen, and am not concerned about how I look. I suppose this would put people off as well - the horizon reaching sea of black leather!