Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

better rider at night.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by mick No:8, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Hi guys it been awhile since last post, been riding :grin: :grin:. I just want to know, Does anyone else find it easyer to ride at night compare to in the day?. It may sound funny as I have read that you're more likely to get in to trouble at nite then in the day. I take off better, I'm more relax at night. How can I over come this problem?

2. Wear a tinted visor and lane split at 60km/h?

3. Makes alot of sense. You can see less distractions in the dark. Less distractions = more concentration on what matters.

4. ROFL, i love riding with a tinted visor, but riding at night sucks because i need to ride with it up at night(stupid wind makes my eyes hurt)

5. yeah but you also have less vision to see through corners and other obstacles

6. depends on what you call a distraction. THe pushbikes with no lights are a good one, as are the local fauna when you get out of town a little.

Your one tiny tail light becomes even more insignificant by just becoming the car in front when you are at the lights and grannies eyesight isn't good during the day let alone with the tunnel vision at night.

You also have the tired people coming home at the end of the day, and the inebriated making their way home from the pub/friends pissup etc.

There are a lot of things you need to be aware of regardless of what the sun is doing - it is just easier to forget about some when it gets dark.