Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Better Late Than Not At All

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Laurie 21, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Hi guys.

Thought it was about time I got my bike licence as I'm starting to get old. Well at least I feel like i'm getting old. I have a 2004 Suzuki GS500F, not much to look at but goes alright. I bought it with 53 000 k's on the clock about 12 months ago and its just clicked over 60 000. Looking forward to many more rides on it. I come from Wollongong which isn't too bad a place to live as there is quite a few good roads to ride on.
  2. Hey Laurie 21Laurie 21, welcome to NR. Congrats on taking the plunge. Old? What's "old"? Many of us here started new life on two wheels a tad late, but who cares? This piece of wisdom was passed on to me when I joined. Still stands true :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Cheers, Laurie, from a fellow GS rider, who started at 45.
    Never too late, mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Haha. I might have to start living by this. I certainly do love getting out on the bike and feeling the freedom that comes with it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks for making me feel welcome all. Look forward to many more posts on here as well as making more friendships out on the road.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to NR..
  7. welcome aboard :]
  8. welcome to Netrider Laurie!
  9. You don't look old to me (I started at 60). Welcome!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Welcome to NR and life on two wheels. Im new myself, been riding a month and started at 46. Lots of great people and info here
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Welcome to NR, keep smiling
  12. Hi Laurie - Enjoy the ride :)