Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Better late than never...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Filter, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Hi all,

It took me a while, but I finally got here :)

Long story short, I started riding Feb '07, starting out on an old grey import EL250 "sports", which was an awesome learner bike... I was off the L's in July '07, and a couple months ago bought a Honda Shadow 750... which surprised me somewhat, as I was looking for a tourer, something like... Slow Coach's... but once on the Shadow I didn't want to get off... not a bad sign I spose :) I've done around 50 000k's, mostly in Melbourne (I don't own a car), though did venture to Wollongong once, I wouldn't mind another ride like that...

I met a few of you on last Tuesday night's L's ride, and again on Thursday’s MR, and for the most part you all seem like thinking & respectful riders, and I'm slightly kicking myself it's taken me this long to hook up with you all!

I have to say, I'm already addicted... and paid the membership Friday night :)

That's my yammering done... :)

Like I said, looking forward to talking with you more, and learning! Just 'cause we don't wear an L doesn't mean we stop learning, eh? :)

2. Welcome Aboard Joe !
    You're forgiven :wink:
  3. Cheers!

Cyas Tuesday, with the missus going pillion :)
  4. Welcome to NR Joe.
  5. Hi Joe

Welcome aboard.
  6. Cheers guys, cyas out there tomorrow
  7. Not a truer word was written and ... a hearty welcome to NR Filter.

MX and HNY (merry xmas, happy new year) :wink:

8. Welcome, Joe, the Melbourne people ARE a friendly bunch, aren't they?
  9. Welcome to Netrider mate :)
  10. ...to a fault :)